Extensive alteration work was required to consolidate two offices onto one site at King Charles Street.The project involved eliminating single occupancy offices, increasing capacity by opening up areas on the 2nd and 3rd floor for open plan working. This will included new IT and power refits in the building.
Built in 1896 to the designs of George Gilbert Scott, the building was due to demolished in the 1960s as part of grandiose plans for a new Whitehall. Lack of money and a public outcry led to the offices being designated as a Grade 1-listed building and eventually resulted in the rejection of demolition in favour of restoration.
Contract Value: £9m
Works Description: Refurbishment & Fit-Out, NEC3 Contract Option A.